Berry Creek Community Library is dedicated to being a hub of community involvement, creativity, and lifelong learning!
Visit a Comfortable Space: Physical and Virtual Spaces
- Attract community members to the library for library resources and also for social events.
- Keep public computers and wifi running effectively.
- Purchase new and comfortable furniture to create a reading nook.
- Upgrade existing computer chairs.
- Extend Craft Night to include cards and board games to provide activities for a wider group of community members.
- Is the library community using the comfortbale seating and spending more time in the library?
- Is there a wider range of community members participating in Craft Night?
Create Young Readers: Early Literacy
- Offer children's story time.
- Offer programs for families with young children in partnership with Project REACH.
- Promote library time for preschool and playschool groups.
- Purchase books for early literacy educators and young readers.
- Implement children's story time for 3 - 4 year-olds one morning a week.
- Provide a dedicated library time for preschool and playschool groups.
- Advertise in the school and on social media about upcoming events so caregivers are up-to-date on activities and events.
- Is the library being used by young readers both as a family and as part of early education?
Stimulate Imagination: Reading, Viewing, and Listening for Pleasure
- Fostering a love of reading in students by providing programs and tools to prepare them for success in school and in their futures.
- Keep teens engaged in library resources and services.
- Provide a book club for adults.
- Work with students and help them become familiar with the resources available through the library.
- More funding to be dedicated to eBooks and downloadable audiobooks.
- Run a book club over the winter months and provide book reviews via social media.
- Is the library community using more of the available resources more often?
- If there evidence that the book club is providing the library community with a vast selection of books and resources?